Wednesday, March 1, 2017

"2017"

"Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you."  Luke 10:19

I know we are already into the third month of the year, but I wanted to share with you what the Lord spoke to my heart about this year.  I know many put out words and prophecies about the year, but this is what I believe I heard and it is time for me to share it.

Since this is the year 2017, I looked up the meaning of 17-- some have found other references --but what I found said it symbolized "overcoming the enemy and complete victory".  I believe that this is a year where we will overcome the enemy/enemies in our life. 

Let me clarify-- I am not defining enemies as "other people"-- for we wrestle not against flesh and blood.  I am not even defining the enemy as the devil-- because Jesus already defeated him at the cross.  He is already under our feet.  I am talking about our biggest enemy-- self/flesh.

How does flesh fight against us?  Through the lust of the flesh, pride of life and lust of the eyes.  These manifest themselves in many ways.  Here are some of them-- complaining, gossip, immorality, addiction, anger, fear, depression, bad temper, insecurity, rebellion, fault finding, criticism, jealousy, strife, lack of self control, etc.  These all war against our soul and spirit and keep us in bondage and defeated.  They are our enemies to having an abundant life of peace and joy

I truly believe that this is the year that the Lord wants to bring deliverance once and for all in your live from these.  Will you ever fight against them again?  Sure, the flesh is always out to destroy us and therefore has to be crucified daily.  But I am talking about being in bondage. From time to time we will still have to resist the "temptation" to surrender back to this enemy.  This bondage can be broken. 

How will we gain victory over this enemy?  First choose to be set free.  Sometimes we have become so accustomed to living with this enemy that though we may say we want to be free, we really don't-- it has become a part of us.  Ask for deliverance-- in faith.  Make the choice to get up and do what you have to do.  You can't be passive in any battle.  You can't wait for Jesus to come and do it for you.  He already has given you victory.  Pick up your spiritual weapons.  Keep your mind renewed in the word-- use that sword.  Draw close to God.  Stay in communion with the Holy Spirit.  Don't neglect your place of prayer and His presence.  Remember, he who the Son sets free is free indeed.  Don't believe the lie that you can't be free and live out your life in freedom.  You can through Christ overcoming power and victory-- which resides in you.  Determine and decide to walk in it and do it by His help and grace and power.

Have a great day.  This is your year of freedom over your enemy-- if you will choose it.    

No comments: