Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"Who Is God?"

"And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I Am hath sent me unto you." Exodus 3:14
 
When God showed Himself to Moses and told him to go to Egypt to bring deliverance to the children of Israel, Moses asked the Lord, "What should I tell them your name is when they ask?" (verse 13) God said to tell them it is "I Am That I Am". In that "name" was wrapped up the fullness of who God is-- His nature, His character and what He does. He alone bears this name. 
 
I like to think about who God is and sometimes I use the alphabet to remind me. God is everything from A to Z and all that is in between.
 
Alpha
Beautiful
Creator
Deliverer
Eternal One
Father In Heaven
God
Holy
Indescribable
Just
King of kings
Lord of lords
Master
Never ending
Omnipotent
Powerful
Quick
Redeemer
Savior
Truth
Unique
Victorious
Way
X Extraordinary
Yahweh
Zeal
 
Perhaps you may want to do this yourself. This list barely scrapes the surface of who this Amazingly Wonderful God is. 
 
Have a great day. God is everything from A to Z.
 
For further reading:
Exodus 3:13-15
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: