Monday, November 11, 2013

"Trial And Testimony"

"Thou art good, and doest good; teach me thy statutes." Psalm 119:68
 
I would like to share a testimony with you. I will try to make it as brief as possible.
About a week and a half ago, I started feeling a soreness in my back- don't remember doing anything to it. That Friday I had to lift something at the shop that was heavier than I thought. When I did, I could tell it was too heavy and felt it in my whole body. I began to do what I had been taught-- pray, stand upon the word, quote the scriptures and promises. The pain left the next day. I was fine for almost a week until the morning it was time for me to go back to the shop- Thursday morning. I started to lift something (carefully and it wasn't heavy at all) and when I did, a pain caught me-- felt like someone hit me in the back with a sledge hammer! The pain was awful! I started praying, standing on the promises, etc. (fighting the fight of faith). I went on to the shop but that whole day the pain was so bad, I could hardly stand being in my own body. By the time I got home it was so bad that I took one of my husband's pain pills and a prescription pill for inflammation. Got up the next morning and the pain was still just as bad. I laid on an ice pack while having my prayer time. I keep praying and standing on God's healing promises, but it wasn't getting any better. I started getting dressed to go to the shop-- which was very difficult, I could barely bend over and straightening up again was almost impossible. I keep praying and talking to the Lord about it. Then all of a sudden the Holy Spirit gave me one of those "faith nudges" and I had a moment very similar to the one the prodigal son had while he was in the pigpen. It was the moment when he came to his senses and decided, "Why am I here? The servants in my father's house are better off than I am!" For me it was one of those moments when I thought-- what?! Why am I sitting here in this pain when Jesus provided healing for me- I am an heir of God? I stood up and said, "No! I do not receive this! I refuse to give into this in Jesus' Name." At that point I went back to getting dressed, determined not to allow the enemy to do this to me, and in an instant my back stopped hurting, I had free mobility, the pain left, I had full range of motion again and could easily bend and move! (I give God all the glory and honor and praise for what He has done for me!! Thank You, Jesus!)
 
In this time of trial and testimony I see a collection of the things I have shared through the devotional over the past few weeks. There are times when the word will try us as it did Joseph. We are in a time of heavy spiritual warfare. The enemy's tactic is fear. What are we going to do about it? Are we going to listen to his voice; the voice of fear; the voice of the world; the voice of our own flesh; or the voice of the Lord? Are we going to reason away God's promises and talk ourselves out of it? Are we going to pray about it only or take authority over it? 
 
I recognized it was an attack of the enemy. He was trying to make me fearful of what might be going on in my back. I listened to the voice of the Lord and knew it was a lie. But I had to activate my faith and authority against him. When I did, I received the manifested victory. 
 
Whatever you are going through remember that you are more than a conqueror through Christ Jesus. No weapon formed against you shall prosper. All things work together for your good. Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world. Trust God. Stand upon His promises. Use His authority. Hold fast the profession of your faith. Listen to and obey the voice of the Holy Spirit.
 
Have a great day. There are times when we will be tried by the Word, but if we hold fast to our profession and trust God's promises, we will come forth victorious.
 
For further reading:
Luke 10:19
Galatians 4:7
Psalm 105:19
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: