"Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." Mark 9:23
Why is it so hard for us to believe for healing, miracles and deliverance? We say that God can do it, but we don't act like He can. I believe some of the reason why is because we "talk ourselves out of them". We "reason" it out. Let me explain.
We come up with all kinds of reasons why it won't happen. Here are some of them.
1) It may not be His will. "And, behold, there came a leper and worshipped him, saying, Lord, if thou wilt, thou canst make me clean. And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed." (Matthew 8:2,3)
2) We reason that because the disease is "big"- like cancer, the "Big C"- or because it is one that there is no cure for God can't heal it. "Whether is it easier to say to the sick of the palsy, Thy sins be forgiven thee; or to say, Arise, and take up thy bed, and walk?" (Mark 2:9) It is all the same to the Lord. He doesn't see "big" or "small". Healing cancer or AIDS is as easy for Him as healing a toothache.
3) I have had this illness for so long-- for years-- so it is too late to receive a healing. "And a woman having an issue of blood twelve years... came behind him, and touched the border of his garment: and immediately her issue of blood stanched." (Luke 8:43,44) "And a certain man was there, which had an infirmity thirty and eight years.When Jesus saw him lie, and knew that he had been now a long time in that case, he saith unto him, Wilt thou be made whole? Jesus saith unto him, Rise, take up thy bed, and walk." (John 5: 5,6,8)
4) I am suffering for my sins. This is my cross to bear. "And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him." (John 9:2,3) "Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases." (Psalms 103:3)
5) God put this on me so I must suffer for His glory. "But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand?" (Matthew 12:24-26) If God puts the sickness on us but He also heals sickness, then He is divided against His own self and working against Himself. He doesn't, therefore, He doesn't put it on us.
The thing we must stop doing is listening to the voice of our own reasoning. Our reasoning is often false reasoning. We need to listen to what God says to us through His Word. Jesus came to show us the Father and teach us what His will is concerning us. So look at Jesus, look at His life, look at what He did. He only did what the Father told Him to do. He only did the will of His Father. What did He do? "How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him." (Acts 10:38) Then that must be the will of the Heavenly Father.
Have a great day. Stop listening to the voice of your own reasoning and start listening to the Lord and you will see miracles, healing and deliverance take place.
For further reading:
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 orYou are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.