Friday, September 9, 2011

"Selah Moments"

"Thou art my hiding place; thou shalt preserve me from trouble; thou shalt compass me about with songs of deliverance. Selah." Psalm 32:7

Often while reading the Psalms we come upon this word- Selah. As I looked up its meaning, I discovered that the meaning wasn't too certain. The definition I did find was that it was a technical musical term probably showing accentuation, pause, interruption. Let me give you my definition (what it means to me). My definition is- pause, stop and ponder what has been said or what has been done.

There are what I call "Selah" moments in our lives- times when we need to take some time to stop and ponder what the Lord is saying to us. Sometimes we get so busy that we don't stop long enough to actually listen to what He is saying. We usually "assume" we know what He said and meant. We need to take a "Selah" moment and be quiet and listen to everything He is saying so we get the full meaning.

Other "Selah" moments are those times when we need to stop and ponder what He has done for us. It's those times when instead of just talking about what the Lord has done, we stop and think about what that really means. When I talk about what a beautiful day it might be, I find myself taking a "Selah" moment by pausing to thank the Lord for allowing me to see it.

More "Selah" times come when I am reading the Bible. There will be times when I am reading and a particular verse will speak to my heart. I just have to stop and ponder what He is saying to me through the verse. I sit there "chewing" the word and giving it time to "digest" in my spirit before I continue. In that "Selah" moment the scales are removed from my mind and heart and I am enlighten and encouraged.

Do you have those "Selah" moments? Are there times you just stop and think about what the Lord has done? Do you pause to give Him praise? Are you taking time to ponder what He may be saying to you? "Selah" moments tend to keep me from taking things for granted- like His goodness, His blessings, His word, His love and His faithfulness.

Have a great day. You need to take "Selah" moments everyday.

For further reading:
Psalm 24:10; 46:10
Luke 10:39-44

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: