Friday, September 2, 2011

"Outgrown God's Word"

Dear All,
Thank you for your prayers and notes concerning my husband. The procedure went well and the doctor was pleased with the outcome. I am rejoicing in God's goodness and faithfulness.
I am posting Wednesday's CB on the blog for those of you who didn't get it. There was no CB sent out on Thursday.
Thank you again. Love and blessings in Christ, Lorraine
______________________________________________


"This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me." Psalm 119:50

When I was a little girl, if I got sick I can remember laying on the couch or bed and wanting my daddy to read the Bible to me. There was something about hearing it read that made me feel good.

Now that I am an adult that hasn't changed. When I am not feeling well, when sickness touches my body, when I am going through a situation, when trouble hits my life, when the storm threatens to destroy me, when darkness tries to overwhelm me, I still turn to God's word for comfort and strength in the situation that I am facing. There is something about hearing a word from the Lord that makes everything better. It clears up the confusion. It strengthens my heart. It settles my thoughts. It brings peace and rest to the turmoil that is raging around me.

Whatever you may be facing, the answer, the strength to make it through, the comfort that you need is found within the pages of the Bible. Its words are life, health and peace. Its words bring comfort and joy. Its words bring light so that you don't have to stumble around in darkness and confusion.

I wanted to hear God's word when I was a little girl with a need and now that I am a "big girl" I still want to hear God's word in my time of need. I have never outgrown the need for God's word. If you think that you are "all grown up" now and don't need His word- you have become too educated, too smart, too mature, too old, too rich, too popular- then you are sadly mistaken, there will never be a time when you don't need His word in your life.

Have a great day. You never outgrow your need for God's word.

For further reading:
Psalm 119:81,103,105,165
Proverbs 4:20-22

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><


Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org

You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.













No comments: