Wednesday, February 11, 2009

"He Answers Prayer"

"Call unto me, and I will answer thee." Jeremiah 33:3a

A couple of days ago I was thinking about my cousin's husband, Jimmy Cook. I placed his testimony on the last issue of Livingstones Ezine. I was hoping that lots and lots of people would read his testimony and even invite him to share it in person with their churches or groups. He was kicked in the head by a horse and is a walking miracle.

Mostly the reason I was hoping that a lot of people would read the testimony is because I believe we need to be encouraged and reminded that God still answers prayer!! It may seem to you that the Lord isn't listening when you pray. It may seem like He never answers. But He does. He said in His word to call on Him and He would answer us. He also said that He is the Lord who does not change. If He answered prayers in the past, He still answers them today and He will still be answering them tomorrow.

The devotion this morning is going to be brief, but I want to encourage you to take time to read every testimony that comes your way. Let what God has done in someone else's life help encourage your faith. Let the testimonies to the answer of prayer in their lives remind you that He is still in the prayer answering business so stretch out your faith to Him in prayer.

Have a great day. God still answers prayer... He has not changed!

No comments: