Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Daily Faith"

"But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him." Hebrews 11:6

Well, here I am again this morning as I was one day last week... haven't heard a word from the Lord but making a step of faith by sitting down and beginning to type. And as usual, when you make a step of faith God honors it because faith is what pleases Him. He just gave me the word. That word is... faith is not a "one time" thing.

Just because your faith was tested once doesn't mean it won't be tested again. Just because you had to exercise faith yesterday doesn't mean you won't have to exercise it today. Just because you walked in faith in the past doesn't mean you don't have to walk in faith in the present. Faith is not just an action we perform, it's the way we live our lives. "Now the just shall live by faith." (Heb 10:38)

Faith is to be present all day, everyday, of my life. It is not just something that occurs once a week, twice a month, when trials come, when I am tempted, when I need help from the Lord. We live by faith. Faith has to be present when I wake up; as I go throughout the day; when I lay my head down at night to go to sleep. It has to be there when I set out to do God's will and be obedient to His commands. It has to be there in my dealings with others. It has to be there through the day to day situations that come my way.

You have been given a new day this morning. That means you will be presented with new opportunities to exercise your faith... just like you were yesterday, and just like you will be when you wake up tomorrow.

Have a great day. The exercise of your faith is not just a one time thing... it's your lifestyle.

No comments: