Tuesday, March 25, 2008

"Winds"

"And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting." Acts 2:2

I believe that- spiritually speaking- there are different seasons and times that we go through. I also believe that what we see happening in the natural often reflects what is happening in the spirit realm. I believe that God uses natural things to speak to us about spiritual things. For example, March is a windy month. It is also the month that is the doorway to spring. Spring represents a new beginning, life, fresh start.

The other morning I was outside sitting on my porch and the wind was blowing so strongly. As I was thanking God for the wind- in everything give thanks- the Spirit began to speak to me. What He spoke to me came in the form of a prayer. I believe that He lead me to pray this prayer because it is a new season and the winds of March were "prophetic" concerning the time we are living in. This morning I would like to ask you to join in this prayer with me because we need the Lord to send the "wind" into this "new season"- we need the wind of God to bring in a "new thing" into our hearts and His church.

Pray that the Lord would send forth the wind of His Spirit to blow upon us that would so radically change our lives like He did on the Day of Pentecost. Pray for the wind of revival to blow in our hearts. Pray for winds of refreshing to blow away the fatigue and weariness. Pray that the Lord will send a strong wind to blow back to "seas" that are barriers between us and our promised land. Send the wind into Your church, Lord, that would blow out discord, disunity, pride, deception, dead religious practices, the teachings that we have adopted from the world, hypocrisy, impurity, and immorality. Blow upon the programs and agenda of men in your house and let the breath of your Spirit breath new life- resurrection life- into us. Pray for the wind to blow away the chaff so that the "wheat" alone remains. Send forth Your mighty wind that is powerful into your church once again- a wind that is so powerful that nothing that isn't like You, Lord, can stand.

Have a great day. As you are praying this, the Lord will increase your prayer and show you other areas that the "wind" of His Spirit needs to blow upon in your life.

No comments: