Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"Come Alive"

"He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life." 1 John 5:12

As I set down to write this morning, I started hearing a chorus that we use to sing years ago playing over and over in my thoughts. We haven't sang it in years but I feel impressed to share it with you this morning. It goes, "I will serve Thee, because I love Thee. You have given life to me. I was nothing before you found me. You have given life to me. Heartache, broken pieces, ruined lives are why you died on Calvary. You're touch is what I long for. You have given life to me."
Before we come to Christ, we are "walking dead men"- there is no life in us. We have breath in our bodies and blood in our veins which constitutes physical life but we can still be dead because we are a spirit being inside a natural body, and having life in your spirit is what constitutes real life.

"For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord." (Romans 6:23) "Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live." (John 11:25) "And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness." (Romans 8:10)

We are all born spiritually dead. We all need to come alive. We all can receive life. Going from death to life is not a hard thing-- it's a miraculous thing. It's a gift that has been freely given to us. It's a gift that has been purchased for us. Have you received this gift of life? If not, here's how- "Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life." (John 5:24 ) If you have received it, are you telling someone else that needs it about it so that they might receive it and come alive?

Have a great day. Without Christ we are dead in trespasses and sins, but He died to give us life. Are you alive?

No comments: