Wednesday, August 14, 2024

"Unfamiliar"

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9 

Much of life is spent in the "unfamiliar".  We all go through experiences, walk down paths, and face circumstances that are unfamiliar to us.  We haven't been that way before, it is new to us, we are having to learn something else.  For example, when I got married, I entered into an unfamiliar place-- it was a new life and lifestyle for me.  The same was true when I became a mother, a grandmother, when I was employed at my first job, when I got my first computer and when I started the ministry.  All were uncharted waters and new frontiers- unfamiliar experiences. 
 
The point is, there is more of our life that is spent in unfamiliar places and new experiences and not everything is something we "know how to do".  But we don't give up.  We keep pressing through.  We keep working at it.  We keep going forward.  Sometimes we may have to, like my sister-in-love says, "Backup and punt".  But we don't stop.  We persevere and keep going on.  You know, all those things that I said were once unfamiliar to me, have become very familiar and now I can "navigate" through them with either no trouble at all, or a lot less trouble.  God hasn't called us to quit and give up just because we don't understand something, or it isn't familiar to us.  We would live miserable lives if we did and miss out on so much that is good and wonderful. 
 
Have a great day.  Don't give up just because what you are facing is unfamiliar to you.  The longer you stick with it, the more familiar it will become and eventually you may even be a pro at it.
 
For further reading:
Romans 8:28

No comments: