Monday, January 3, 2022

I Don't Know; But I Know"

"Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked and opened unto the eyes of him with whom we have to do." - Hebrews 4:13

We have stepped through the door of a new year.  What does this year hold in store?  What will it bring?  Will this be the year of the Lord's return?  Will it be the year He calls me home?  Will it be a year filled with darkness, wars, hardships, pain, destruction?  Will it be a year of peace, joy, blessings?  Will it be a year of trials and tribulations?  Will it be a year of victory?  As we begin this year, no one knows-- only God.  God know what this year will hold.  The Lord God is Omniscient-- He knows everything.  He is the Alpha and Omega-- He sees the end from the beginning.  

While I may not know what the year has in store, there is something that I do know about the year-- God is still in control!!!  I know that whatever happens this year (good or bad, storm or calm, dark or light) the Lord will be as faithful to me as He always has been.  He will still supply all my needs.  He will still be my healer.  He will never leave me nor forsake me.  He will be with me.  He will guide me, He will help me, He will lead me; He will strengthen me; He will give me grace, His peace will be present for me.  He will make a way for me.  He will be with me in the lion's den, the fiery furnace, in the valley and on the mountain top. 

Whatever the year ahead holds, I know I don't have to fear, I don't have to be anxious about it, I don't have to fret or worry, because the Lord is the same yesterday, today and forever.  He will not change.  He will not be changed by events of life.  He will remain Who He is. And this I know also-- while I don't know about the year, the days ahead or tomorrow, I know God does and I know He holds me and each day in His hand!

Have a great day.  I don't know what this year holds in store, but I know this-- God knows. 


No comments: