Monday, January 24, 2022

"Bless The Lord"

"I will bless the LORD at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." Psalm 34:1

"I will". Not maybe or perhaps, not I might or I will think about it. But instead nothing can stop me from blessing the Lord. I choose to bless Him. I make the decision to do it.

"...bless the Lord".
 I will kneel before Him giving my whole life as a gift into His hands. I will lift up my hands in worship to Him. I will open my mouth and extol the glory of His holy name.

"... at all times".
 Not only in the good times. Not only when all is well. Not only when I have plenty and not in need. Even in the bad times, in trying times, in times that test my faith, in dark times when the light is hid and in times when the door has been shut. At times when I do not understand why and in times when I have all the answers. In times of pain, grief and sorrow. In times of great joy and peace. There is never a time when I will not bless the Lord.

To bless the Lord is a choice that we make each and every day. We don't make it based on our feelings or our circumstances. We make it based on the fact of who He is- He is God, and He is worthy of all our praise. He is worthy of any gift we have to bestow upon Him. We make it based on what He has already done for us. He showed us such grace and mercy when He died on the cross to save us. He has blessed us with more than we ever deserve or could ever hope for. He has showed us His wonderful kindness and goodness time and time again. The blessing is about the Recipient and His worth. He is worthy to be praised and adored. Therefore, I choose to bless His holy name always. What about you?

Have a great day. "I will bless the Lord at all times!"

For further reading:
Psalm 18:3; 103:1,2; 104:1; 134:2
Revelation 4:11

No comments: