Monday, April 1, 2019

"The Bird's Song"

"Let every thing that hath breath praise the LORD. Praise ye the LORD." Psalm 150:6

As day was breaking this morning I heard a little bird outside my window chirping loudly. I wondered what he was "saying". Of course, I can't interpret "bird language" but I have a feeling that he wasn't complaining about how it has turned off cold. I don't think he was bemoaning the state of the economy. I don't think he was fearfully wondering where his next meal was coming from. I don't think he was singing a song of gloom, despair, worry or fear.

I believe he was singing a song of praise- praise to God for giving him a new day, for watching over him and taking care of him. May I remind you this morning that the birds don't have jobs, they don't have grocery stores, they don't live in heated and cooled houses, they live in nests, they catch bugs and dig for worm, yet they have everything that they need. How? Because there is a God above who feeds them and attends to all their needs.

This God is our heavenly Father. So may I remind you also that if He cares so much for the birds that He feeds them every day, doesn't He care for you more? Aren't you more valuable to Him then they are? So why are you singing the song of worry? Why is your conversation one of fear? Why are you complaining? Why aren't you speaking in faith? Why aren't your words filled with praise? "Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?" (Matthew 6:25,26) "Are not five sparrows sold for two farthings, and not one of them is forgotten before God? But even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not therefore: ye are of more value than many sparrows." (Luke 12:6,7)

Have a great day. If God doesn't forsake the birds' needs, if He takes care of them, if He provides for them, won't He do the same for you... and much more.

No comments: