Wednesday, April 3, 2019

"The Glory He Is Due"

"Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness." Psalm 29:2

As I was praising the Lord the other day- giving Him the glory that was due His holy name- it dawned on me... how can I give Him the glory that He is due? How can I give Him the glory that He rightfully deserves? How can I whose frame is dust, who is a vapor that is here today and gone tomorrow, who am slow of speech, who is finite, who is a created being, whose existence is like the grass of the field, who is a mere mortal... give Him the glory that is due His holy name? How can I give Him glory to the degree in which He is worthy?

When I give Him glory and honor and praise and worship, I fall so short of what He is truly due. He is the King of glory, He is the Creator of the universe, He is the Eternal One, the All Powerful, All Knowing, Almighty God. He is worthy of, and He is due, so much more glory than I can give. He is worthy of so much more than I can articulate. He is worthy of greater accolades than I can bestow on Him. The glory He is due is not in my vocabulary or within my ability to give. My tongue can't give Him the praise He actually deserves- even if I had a thousand tongues I would come up short.

So what can I give Him? What praise can I offer? Will He accept my praise and worship even though it falls short and does not come close to giving Him what He is due? I am reminded of the widow in the Bible with the two mites. She was in the temple bringing an offering to the Lord. She didn't have much, she only had two mites. It was far less than what the Lord deserved. It was so very little. It fell short of what the Lord deserved. But Jesus took note of it. He acknowledged that it was an offering that was acceptable by the Lord. Why? Because she gave all she had. She gave all that was in her ability to give. She didn't hold back anything she had from the Lord. She gave sacrificially and unselfishly. She gave what she had even though it was little and did not come close to what He deserves yet Jesus acknowledged it.

Our praise falls so short of what He is due, but if we will not withhold it, if we will give Him all we have, if we will give it to Him unselfishly from our hearts, He will acknowledge it and He will receive it.

Have a great day. He deserves more glory than we have the ability to give Him, but we must give Him all that we have, even if it's a little.

No comments: