Wednesday, April 10, 2019

"Reminded"

"We love him, because he first loved us." 1 John 4:19

A few days ago we talked about paying God the honor and glory that He is due. I have wondered why do we have to be "reminded" to honor Him, to love Him, to trust Him, to serve and obey Him. Why do I have to be reminded to praise God? Why do I have to be reminded to love Him with all my heart? Why do I have to be reminded to give Him first place in my life? You would think that after all He has done for us there would never be a question about giving Him what is due- it would be the result and automatic response of a heart of gratitude.

I don't have to be reminded to love my husband. I don't have to be reminded to do nice things for him. I don't have to be reminded to give him a word of praise when he does something kind for me. So why must I be constantly reminded to "honor" my Lord and Savior?

I will leave you with this thought to ponder and in doing so examine your relationship with the Lord and see if you are always having to be reminded to look to Him, to give Him what He is due, to love, trust and obey Him. If what you do where the Lord is concerned doesn't, for the most part, come automatically out of response to His great love for you, perhaps you need to go back and get reacquainted with Him.

Have a great day. We should not have to be reminded to love Him and put Him first.

No comments: