Friday, March 29, 2019

"How Much Are You Worth?"

"For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's." 1 Corinthians 6:20

Do you know what determines the value of something? It's the price that one is willing to pay for it. If there is something that I really want badly, and deem as valuable, I will pay the asking price- it doesn't matter how much it cost. I might have to make some sacrifices in order to purchase it, but I will make them because I consider that thing worth it. Why am I willing to do without something else in order to have this thing? Why am I willing to spend everything I have for it? Because it's something of great value to me. On the other hand if it isn't something that I consider valuable, I won't care if I have it or not. Therefore, I am not willing to pay whatever the asking price is for it.

Did you know that you are valuable? Do you know just how valuable you are? Do you know that you are priceless? Do you realize you are the most valuable thing in the universe? God is the one who determined the value of your life and He is the one who determined that you are priceless. He loves you and set His affection on you. He loved you so much He had to have you for His own, but in order to "have you" He had to "buy you" out of the slavery of sin. The price was high- very high- but He was willing to pay it because He valued you that highly, and wanted you that badly.

When I get a chance to listen to the news I hear monetary numbers like "billions" and "trillions" (I am not sure I can count that high), that's a lot of money. But those figures don't even begin to come close to the price that was paid for you. You were purchased with the blood of Jesus. Purchased with blood-- not silver, not gold, not precious jewels. That blood was not the blood of animals, angels or some other person. The blood that purchased you was that of the only begotten Son of God, the King of kings and Lord of lords. The Son of God Himself paid the price for you with His own blood. Why? Because He loved you so much and placed a high value on you and was willing to pay whatever the price and make whatever sacrifice He had to in order to have you. (1 Peter 1:18,19)

Have a great day. The God of heaven was willing to pay the highest price that could be paid in order to have you... you are that valuable to Him.

No comments: