Wednesday, March 20, 2019

"He's There"

"...for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee." Hebrews 13:5b

Today is the first day of spring and it is a beautiful sunny morning. I was thinking about the weather earlier. I have noticed that the weather changes from location to location. Over the past several weeks some of my email friends would make comments about how the weather was where they lived. It's pretty amazing. On the days it would be warm and sunny here, it would be rainy in one area of the country and snowing in another. I think this is a good illustration of how life is. We don't all experience "sunny" times at the same time. Some of us may be having "sunshine" (things are going well, no major problems, we are at peace), while at the same time some others may be experiencing a "winter" time (problems, grief, trials, sorrow, etc.)

But you know, sitting above the earth is the sun. It's always there. It's there whether we see it shining or not. The clouds may be blocking it, the snow may be hiding it, but it's still there. I want to encourage you this morning that whether your life is full of "sunshine" or "rain" or "snow" this morning. There is a wonderful God who is watching over you whether you see or feel His presence or not. He isn't there only when we see Him "shining"- when He is answering all our prayers in the affirmative, when we have all our needs met. He is there even when the "clouds" block Him from view. He's there when problems come, when pain afflicts, when sorrow weighs you down. His presence is still there.

Today you may feel as if He is not there. He is. Just because He is blocked from your view doesn't mean that He isn't there. I know, even through the weeks of cloudy and rainy days, that the sun (literal sun) will shine again. I also know that just because the circumstances of life seem to block the Lord from my view that I will "see" Him again. There will come a day when His presence will shine brightly in view. But until I see His shining presence, I will hold on to the fact/faith that He is still there watching over me.

Have a great day. He may be blocked at the moment from view because of the circumstances you are going through, but rest assured that He is still there!

No comments: