Thursday, March 14, 2019

"Good Things- Part 2"

"According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue." 2 Peter 1:3

Yesterday we said that the "good" things that God blesses us with are not always material, or tangible. They are also such things as peace, joy, grace, strength and so forth. This morning I want to continue on that subject.

Some people only acknowledge God's goodness after He has blessed them with some material thing- to them that's how they define His goodness. God isn't good just because he gives me material blessings. He is good because He gives me all things that pertain to life and godliness... whatever those things are. He always meets and supplies my EVERY need.... spiritual as well as physical.

How awful it would be to go through life without the non-tangible blessings. I can make it without much of what I consider a "need". I don't have to have ten pairs of pants, a different dress for everyday of the month, three meals a day, but I do have to have peace, love, joy, strength and grace. I can go through this life homeless without a roof over my head, many people do and they make it, but I cannot go through this life without having those non material things, such as what we have mentioned already- love, etc.

How do you define God's goodness this morning? How do you define His blessings? Is He good only because He answers your prayer for material things? Or is He good because He gives us ALL things that we need-- physical and spiritual?

Have a great day. Define God's goodness.

No comments: