Wednesday, March 27, 2019

"Here I Am To Worship"

"But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him." John 4:23

I was listening to this wonderful worship song last night and begin to think that I would love to be in a really great worship service. You know the kind I am talking about. The kind where the presence of God is so overwhelming, the place feels electrified by His presence, you are "raptured" in the sense of His love for you, time stands still, nothing else matters, your heart is pouring out its deepest love and affection on Him. I truly love those times. (Can you only image what heaven will be like?)

As I thought about this, my thought was more of a prayer, then the Lord spoke this to my heart-- you don't have to wait until you are in the company of some large crowd to worship and experience that place where our hearts touch each others. ( I know this to be true for I have experienced those times when it was just me and the Lord.)

Corporate worship is great.  We are told not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together with one another. There is something that happens when two or more are gathered in His name. When the body of Christ comes together, we should worship in one accord offering up a sacrifice of praise that invokes His presence. But our worship time should not be restricted to only the times when we are gathered together with others.

Worship is as much a private thing as it is a public thing. Worship is as much an individual thing as it is a corporate thing. Worship should never be confined within the assembly of the church only. Worship is a place within the heart. Worship is not about the number of people present, it's not about the place, it's not about a gathering with others-- it's about touching the heart of God and that can be done whether you are alone or with others.

Have a great day. If you are not spending time worshipping Him when there is no one there but you and Him, you are missing out on the intimate fellowship that He desires to give you.

No comments: