Friday, September 29, 2017

"Align"

"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."  Matthew 6:33

When I prayed about the word the Lord has for us this morning, I heard the word "align".  The word align means to arrange or place in a straight line; to adjust according to a straight line. 

When my back get out of alignment, I have to go get an adjustment.  As long as it is out of alignment, I am suffering pain in my body.  When my car has gotten out of alignment, I have to go get it lined back up.  If I don't, it does not drive properly and it wears out my tires faster.  Anything that is out of alignment has to be put into alignment.  If it isn't it will give you problems. 

Our lives can get out of alignment as well.  Sometimes when we can't seem to get things straight, when there is confusion, when we feel like we are spinning our wheels, when things just aren't happening for us, it could be that we are out of alignment spiritually speaking.

In order to enjoy peace, abundant living, soundness, joy, and so on, our lives have to be in alignment.  They have to be in alignment with God's will and God's word.  Our thoughts have to line up.  Our words have to line up.  Our lifestyle has to line up.  Our actions have to line up with God's word and will.  When they don't, things just won't go right for us.

Is your life out of alignment?  Does it line up with God's word?  Are you aligning yourself with His will?  Are you aligning with His plan or your own?  Sometimes the problem that we are facing can be corrected by an adjustment--- getting back lined up with God's plan, will, purpose and word.

Have a great day.  Are you out of alignment with God's word and will?

No comments: