Friday, September 22, 2017

"Favorite Verse"

"The Lord is my strength and song, and is become my salvation."  Psalm 118:14

This happens to be my favorite verse.  I believe it is my favorite because it defines who the Lord is to me.  He is my strength.  Apart of Him I am weak.  Apart from Him I fall short.  Apart from Him I can do nothing.  Apart from Him I am powerless. 

He is my song.  He is the song that I sing.  He is the song of my heart.  It is a song whose lyrics are full of love, mercy, grace, compassion, goodness, majesty, kindness and patience.  I love to sing about Him-- who He is and what He has done for me.

He has become my salvation.  His salvation has always been extended to me, though I resisted and rebelled against it for such a long time.  He whispered His invitation to my heart on many occasions yet I would not reply.  Though I constantly resisted, He patiently waited and kept inviting.  When He offered it one more time, I accepted it.  He became not only my Savior but my salvation.  I could find salvation no other place.  I couldn't find it in my religious works, in my good deeds, in another person, in joining a church.  No place that I searched for it could I find it accept in Him.  Once I came to Him and accepted His gracious invitation I found that He forgave me so completely-- throwing my sins into the depth of the sea.  I found He saved me from all my sins.  I found that He left nothing undone and no trace of my sins.  He took my sins and in exchange gave me His grace, forgiveness and righteousness. 

Now you know why this is my favorite verse.  It is so personal.  What is your favorite verse?  Why?  What does it mean to you?

Have a great day.  We all have favorite verses, but those verses should have a personal meaning to us. 

No comments: