Friday, September 15, 2017

"From Mistake To Miracle"

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose".  Romans 8:28


When we "mess up", make a mistake or sin, there are consequences to our actions.  Some consequences follow us the rest of our lives.  Some are temporary.  Some affect only ourselves and some affect everyone around us.  They have the capacity to haunt us, condemn us, make us fearful, depress us, steal our joy, rob us of our peace and take our hope away.  We don't need to let them do this to us.  There is still hope even in our mistakes.  Hope that the Lord can take our mess and mistakes and turn them into miracles.


This was the case with Lot.  Lot and his daughters wound up in living in a cave after they fled from Sodom and Gomorrah.  While there Lot's daughters got him drunk and then "slept" with their father.  Talk about a major "mistake"!  The two daughters wound up pregnant.  I am sure the hopelessness and guilt remained with him-- especially each time he looked at his pregnant daughters or into the face of his grandchildren that he fathered. 


The act was a fact.  The consequences were evident.  But when the Lord stepped into the equation, the hopelessness, the guilt, the shame, the condemnation, fear, etc. had to go.  That was not the end of it.  That was not the end of Lot's life.  That was not his "life sentence".  If you will remember, from one of the daughter's came the tribe of Moab.  Ruth was a Moabite.  Ruth married Boaz.  Ruth was the great-grandmother of King David.  She was also in the lineage of Jesus Christ, the Messiah.


Note to self:  I may mess up, really bad, but God can take what I did and bring something good out of it.  He can turn my mess into a miracle.  He can give me hope even when I threw hope away.  It doesn't always have to punish me.  He can restore me, heal me, deliver me and work all things together for the good.


Have a great day.  My mistake doesn't have to end my life.  God can make something good out of it and give me hope and a future.    

No comments: