Friday, April 28, 2017

"Issues Of Concern"

"Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved."  Psalm 55:22

A couple of nights ago I had a dream that I want to share with you.
The dream:  Several of us were in a room and waiting for others to get there to start our meeting.  For some reason I was suppose to speak and address some issues that were of concern to the folks there.  The people that I was to address and talk with were male and female, black and white.  Before the meeting started some of them were talking about their concerns.  One white gentleman made the comment that he only draws a certain amount of Social Security to live on each month (it wasn't very much).  Then a black lady said that she gets the same little amount each month to try to live on.  As I listened these thoughts and words kept coming to me-- It doesn't matter how many speeches I give, I can say all that I want to them, but the answer to their issues and problems is Jesus.  Only He can take care of these concerns of theirs.

What I received from the dream was this:  It doesn't matter who we are- male, female, black, white, old or young, we all have the same issues, problems and concerns of life.  We are all in the "same boat" together.  We all go through many of the same things.  But, like I said a few days ago in another devotion, we all have the same answer-- Jesus.  My words would not help these people.  My concern over their concerns would not solve their problems.  My speeches would not change their situation.  What I could tell them would not improve their lives or meet their needs.  But Jesus can and will.  He is all our problem solver.  He is our provider.  He has the words that will change our lives, meet our needs and turn our situation around.  He knows the issues that concern you.  He knows what you are facing.  He knows what you are going through.  He-- not men's wise speeches-- are what makes the difference in the issues we face.  He is the answer. 

Have a great day.  Your concerns and issues concern Jesus and He can take care of them.   

No comments: