Tuesday, April 4, 2017

"Believe And Follow"

"Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me."  Matthew 16:24

For the past week the words of an old hymn have been going through my thoughts.  "He leadeth me! He leadeth me!  By His own hand He leadeth me; His faithful follower I would be, For by His hand He leadeth me."

I am concerned that there is a generation in "Christianity" that knows nothings about "following the Lord".  They think it is about going to church, being involved in church activity and socializing, being a good person, practicing some religious duty and believing in Jesus.

From the beginning the call to Christianity has always been about "following Jesus".  This was the first message He preached while on earth-- "Follow Me".  When did it go from following Him, to simply believing in Him? 

Believing in Jesus is not enough-- even the devils believe.  Even they know Jesus is the Son of God.  But they do not follow Him.  Many who profess to be Christians and believe in Jesus don't follow Him either. 

There is a criteria that one must meet in order to not only be a Christian but to have eternal life and go to heaven.  That criteria was set by the Heavenly Father Himself.  It is to believe on His Son Jesus as Savior and Follow Him as Lord.  Are you?  Is He leading you? Is He leading your life?  Are you following Him, His plan and His purpose for your life?  Are you letting Him lead you?

Have a great day.  Christianity is about more than just believing.  It is about following also.    

No comments: