Thursday, April 27, 2017

"He Is Also The Lily Of The Valley"

"Speaking to yourselves in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord."   Ephesians 5:19

Let me preface everything that I am going to say this morning with this-- It is not my desire, or intention, to be condemning, critical or controversial.  When I make this next statement it is out of thoughtful observation.  The statement, or question, is this-- why is it that so many churches just will not sing any of the hymns?  They only want what is new, updated and the latest thing to hit the Christian charts.

The reason I bring this up is because I woke up with an old hymn on my mind that I have not heard in a while and the words truly ministered to me.  Don't get me wrong, I like the choruses and worship songs also.  If it glorifies The Father, Jesus and Holy Spirit, whether it is a chorus or a hymn, I love it. 

Our songs of worship should be to the Lord, never to self, but there are times when I am blessed and encouraged by the words that worship and glorify Him.  But then there are times when I am blessed and encouraged by the words that remind me of what He does, His greatest and His promises. 

Yesterday, I woke up with a newer worship song on my mind.  I was rejoicing that my King was here-- I was blessed by it.  But this morning I woke up with the words from the hymn "Lily of the Valley" on my mind and have been rejoicing because of His loving care for me.  (I will type the words of the song below.) 

I don't know about you, but I need to be reminded that He is my friend and everything to me.  He is all I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.  He is my comfort in sorrow and my stay in trouble.  He has taken my grief and bore my sorrows.  In temptation He is my strong and mighty tower.  He will never leave me nor forsake me.  He keeps me by His power.  He fills my hungry soul.  And through Him I shall safely reach the goal.  

Have a great day.  The King who is here is also the Lily of the Valley.   

  1. Ive found a friend in Jesus, Hes everything to me,
    Hes the fairest of ten thousand to my soul;
    The Lily of the Valley, in Him alone I see
    All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.
    In sorrow Hes my comfort, in trouble Hes my stay;
    He tells me every care on Him to roll.
    • Refrain:
      Hes the Lily of the Valley, the Bright and Morning Star,
      Hes the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.
  2. He all my grief has taken, and all my sorrows borne;
    In temptation Hes my strong and mighty towr;
    Ive all for Him forsaken, and all my idols torn
    From my heart and now He keeps me by His powr.
    Though all the world forsake me, and Satan tempt me sore,
    Through Jesus I shall safely reach the goal.
  3. Hell never, never leave me, nor yet forsake me here,
    While I live by faith and do His blessed will;
    A wall of fire about me, Ive nothing now to fear,
    From His manna He my hungry soul shall fill.
    Then sweeping up to glory to see His blessed face,
    Where rivers of delight shall ever roll.




No comments: