Tuesday, November 1, 2016

"My Lack Of Faith"

"And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief".  Mark 9:24

Do you ever feel like this man?  You believe the Lord can do something but aren't sure if He will.  You believe He is able but what if He doesn't? 

I know in my own life there are some areas that I have no problem believing Him in.  There are some things that I fully trust the Lord with-- in those areas my faith in Him and His ability is strong.  But then there are other areas that my faith is weak in and I find myself doubting Him and running to some physical, fleshly source to fulfill the need.  Maybe you aren't like that.  Maybe you have no areas of faith that you struggle with.  Maybe this doesn't describe you.     

I don't have all the answers about why we have strong faith in some areas and weak, to no, faith in others.  What I do know is that when we recognize an area of faith that we struggle in, we shouldn't act like it doesn't exist.  We shouldn't ignore it.  We shouldn't try to put on some sort of façade with the Lord and try to make Him think we believe when what we only have is hope and assumption, not real faith. 

It is not wrong, or a sin, or a lack of spirituality, to admit to the Lord that we are having trouble believing in a certain area.  The father in our verse above admitted his weakness to Jesus.  Did Jesus scold him?  Did He chastise him?  Did He rebuke him?  No, He answered his prayer.  He showed him the power and goodness of the Lord.  The Lord remembers that we are made from dust and have a weak human frame. (Psalm 103:14)  The best thing we can do when we recognize that our faith is weak, is not run from the Lord, not try to pretend it is what it isn't, but go to Him with an honest heart confessing our need for Him to "help our unbelief" and strengthen our faith. 

Have a great day.  There are areas where our faith is strong, and others where it is not.   

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Co
ffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
 

About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.

Please feel free to call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: 
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org  




No comments: