Tuesday, March 29, 2016

"Getting A Spanking"

"My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; neither be weary of his correction.  For whom the Lord loveth he correcteth; even as a father the son in whom he delighteth".  Proverbs 3:11,12

I hated getting a spanking when I was growing up.  It did not feel good and was painful!  Now that I am an adult, of course, I no longer get spanking in my body, but I still have a Heavenly Father who will "spank" me from time to time.

The spanking/chastening that He gives doesn't feel very good either.  It hurts.  It hurts my pride.  But I have learned that it is needful and I have learned how to rejoice when He does.

It is needful because without it I will set my life on a course that will lead me in a wrong direction.  Without it I can bring harm to others.  Without it I will be self-centered, self-willed and bring destruction upon myself.  Without it all others will see is me and not how wonderful He is through me.  It is needful because it puts what has gotten out of line in my life back in order.  It also puts back the fear of the Lord in my life.    

I have learned to rejoice when I am chastened because He loves me and cares about me enough to do it.  If He didn't love me He would not chasten me.  He would allow me to continue to go down a path that will, as I have already said, destroy me.  I have learned to rejoice because it puts "reality" back in my heart.  It helps refocus things.  It helps put what is really important and priority back in its proper place.  It clears the air between me and Him and opens up my spirit to be able to hear Him better.  

When we see the chastisement of God for what it really is and intended by the Father to be, instead of despising it we will be thankful and rejoice that He loves us enough to do it.

Have a great day.  Don't despise the spanking that the Lord gives you.  Be thankful and rejoice that He did. 

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:

No comments: