Thursday, February 25, 2016

"Whether I Live Or Die"

"For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's".  Romans 14:8

This scripture has been on my heart for quite some time.  I have decided to make it my new "life scripture"-- or my "motto".  It sums up the whole of our Christian life.  We are the Lord's.  If we have been born again, we belong to Him.  Our life is no longer our own.  If I am alive-- I belong to Him.  If I die-- I belong to Him.

When we realize that we truly belong to the Lord, in life and in death, then let come what may, we don't have to be shaken, destroyed or defeated by it.  I don't have to worry, He has my life-- it belongs to Him.  If storms rage against me, if sickness touches my body, if pain comes upon me, if enemies rise against me, if the mountain is looming over me, if the waters try to consume me, if failure is taunting me, if death is waging war for me, if confusion tries to oppress me, if a bad report tries to shake me, if the ungodly attack me, if a weapon is formed against me, etc., I can still say, "It is well", because I am the Lord's. I have surrender my "here and now", as well as my "eternity" to Him, so He has my life and every moment in His hands.    

I belong to Him so He will either deliver me, heal me, protect me, provide for me, make a way for me, or take me home.  Whatever happens I am in a win, win situation because if I live I am His and if I die I am His.  Whatever comes your way, don't be fearful or anxious about it.  Whatever happens-- good, bad or otherwise-- you belong to Him so it will be all right.

Have a great day.  Whatever happens to you in life, even if it brings death, you belong to the Lord so it is well.   
 

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:

 

No comments: