Thursday, February 4, 2016

"I Call Him Lord"

"Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost".  1 Corinthians 12:3

The other evening I attended a singing at a local church.  Many of the songs were songs I had not heard in a long time.  The chorus to one of the songs said, "And if you can remember ask him what's his name, and if he tells you Jesus just say we're so glad you came.  But tell him you know someone who still calls him Lord, then send him on to me cause that's the man I'm lookin' for". 

As I listened to the words, the line that says, "tell Him you know someone who still calls Him Lord", just "jumped" out at me and brought tears to my eyes. 

Does anyone truly call Him "Lord" any more?  Is He Lord to those who profess to be a Christian?  Is He Lord to those who say they know Him? 

I hear so many people call Him "The Big Guy Upstairs"; their "Homey"; their "Best Bud"; their "Running Buddy"; etc.  Personally, He is my best friend who sticks closer to me than a brother.  He is my Elder Brother.  He is my Confidant.  But He is FIRST my GOD!  He is my Lord!  I still call Him Lord. 

Because He is so personal with us and desires to have a personal intimate relationship with us, calling us His children, we have forgotten the reverence that He is due.  While He is all that to me, He is my Lord.  He is the object of my worship.  He is the Potter and I am the clay-- He can mold and make of me anything He desires.  He commands me.  He gives me my marching orders.  He is the one I submit my will to.  He tells me what to do, not vice versa. 

I praise Him for a close relationship with Him.  I am so thankful that I can approach Him without fear of being "consumed".  I am thankful that He is a God who is near and not far away.  I am so glad I have access to come to Him.  I am so blessed and appreciative to be allowed to be His child.  I am indeed thankful that I can share the deepest secrets of my heart with Him.  But I must never forget that He is first my Lord and not be flippant about that relationship. 

Have a great day.  I still call Jesus Lord!  Because He is!  Do you?   

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web
 www.mastersbusiness.org

No comments: