Wednesday, February 24, 2016

"The Storm Is In The Book"

"And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen".  John 21:25

There were so many things that Jesus did while He was on earth that if they were all written down there are not enough books to contain them.  The Bible says of itself that it was written by holy men of God as they were inspired by the Holy Spirit.  That means that the Lord made sure that the things we really needed to know where written down for us in the Bible-- since it was too much to write everything. 

One account that He made sure that was in there was the account of the disciples in a boat on the sea when the storm came up and threatened to destroy them.  You know the story I am talking about.  Jesus was in the back of the ship asleep and they woke Him up to save them from drowning. 

I, for one, am so thankful that the Lord placed that account in the Bible because it gives me hope, comfort, peace, faith and reassurance when I am going through a personal storm.  We all face storms of some sort, no matter who we are.  Some storms are physical, financial, emotional, mental, in our relationships, and so on.  This story lets me know that when I face storms, I am not alone.  Jesus is with me.  It lets me know that He can take care of the storms.  It lets me know that He has power and authority over the storms that rage.  It lets me know that He can speak peace to my storm and it has to cease.  It lets me know He cares about me, and will take care of me.  This is why I said I was thankful-- thankful it was written in the Bible so that I could be encouraged by it.   

Have a great day.  Whatever storm you are going through, God made sure we would know that He is greater and in control of the storm you are facing.

Scripture references:  Mark 4; 2 Timothy 3:16
 

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
: mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web:

No comments: