Friday, September 25, 2015

"Winning Over The Wicked"

"The bands of the wicked have robbed me: but I have not forgotten thy law."  Psalm 119:61

There are always going to be wicked people who are out to "get you".  They will rob you, they will do you bodily harm, they will try to take advantage of you, they will be jealous of you, they will try to destroy you, they will lie about you, cheat on you, use you and abuse you.  They don't care about you, they only care about themselves.  That is why they have no conviction or reservation when it comes to doing you harm or taking what belongs to you.  They want what they want only and see their evil and wicked deeds as an opportunity to get it.

So what are the righteous to do?  Don't forget God's law.  That's what we do.  That doesn't make any sense, you might say.  Maybe not, to our natural man or to the world, but God's word is our only hope.  His word will get us through the difficulties of life.  His word will give us strength, hope and peace when it seems like the wicked are prevailing and we are under attack.  It will give us wisdom and guidance on how to handle ourselves, not like the world does or thinks we should, but in a way that is pleasing to and honors God. 

I am not going to have to stand before wicked men when I reach the end of this life and step into eternity.  I may have to face them here and now while on earth, but then I won't.  The One I will face is the Lord Jesus Christ and God The Father.  When I face them, I want my life to be such that they are well pleased that I conducted myself and handled the trials, problems and temptations that I had to endure the way they "prescribed" for me to handle them.  I want to hear them say, about everything I did, "Well done."  Keeping His word in focus and practice during the times when the wicked try to destroy me will cause Him to say just that.

Have a great day.  Wicked people will always be out to destroy us, but holding on to God's Word and applying it in those times will cause us to be the ones who win in the long run.
  

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 
 Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:  mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: 

No comments: