There are many things that cause us to get weary. Among them are discouragement, disillusionment, tiredness in our bodies, lack of appreciation, unrealistic expectations, self-pity and discontentment. There are times when we get hit with any one of these things or something else. They are the "weapons" that the enemy uses against us hoping to cause us to get weary and give up. He wants us to give up and quit whether it is in our relationship with the Lord, our relationships with other people (spouse, children, friends, family, etc.), our ministry, the duties of life that come from the position we hold, on our jobs, in school, and so on.
When weariness comes, we have to combat it. We can't just sit back and do nothing and give into it. How do we do that? There are several ways.
1) Submit yourself to God, resist the devil and he will flee.
2) Draw closer to the Lord.
3) Seek the Lord's help, grace and strength.
4) Don't neglect Him, keep pressing in until you feel His virtue flow into you-- and it will.
5) Look to Him as your first source, not the last one after you have exhausted everything else you know to do.
6) Encourage yourself in the Word of God.
7) Change your focus-- focus on the prize and the promise that you will receive at the end if you don't give up and quit.
8) Keep the task set before you. Don't forget what you are doing and why you are doing it-- don't forget how important it is.
When we are sick, we take medicine to help us over the illness. When we are hungry, we eat food to stop that gnawing in our stomachs. When we want strong muscles, we work out. So, when we are feeling weary, we need to apply these things above to our lives in order to obtain the result we desire--- victory, power and the strength and perseverance to continue to the end.
Have a great day. When you are feeling weary, don't just give in to it, combat it.
For further reading:
2 Thessalonians 3
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell