Wednesday, September 16, 2015

"Step Of Faith"

"Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.'  2 Corinthians 12:10

When I became a Christian, I came in during the "faith movement".  You didn't confess anything negative or anything that wasn't the Word of God.  You only spoke good and positive things.  You certainly didn't confess any weakness you had.  I thought I was suppose to be "God's woman of faith and power" all the time.  I couldn't confess any weakness even to God because that was a "lack of faith".  I would like to address this subject this morning.

I now have changed the way I think about some of this.  I don't believe it shows a lack of faith to confess your weakness.  On the contrary, it is more of an act of faith to do so.  True enough the Bible says a lot about the words of our mouth, and we must guard them and watch what comes out of them.  But that doesn't include going to God for help with an area or issue that you are struggling in. 

What is faith?  Faith is simply to trust in God.  Any time I make a step toward Him, whether it is to confess a weakness in my life and ask for His help; whether it is to ask Him for clarity because I don't understand something; whether it is to cry out to Him about a problem; even if it is to ask Him again concerning something I have already asked Him about, it does not necessarily mean that I don't have faith.  I am acknowledging my dependency on Him.  He remembers my frame and knows that I am dust.  He is more pleased when we come to Him for help in weakness than when we stay away because of condemnation that this shows a lack of faith.

Don't let the enemy stop you from going to God when you are weak or need His help by accusing you of lack of faith.

Have a great day.  Any step you make toward God, for whatever reason, is a step of faith.

For further reading:
Psalm 103:13


 <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:  mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org


No comments: