Monday, August 10, 2015

"Where Is Holiness?"

"Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord."  Hebrews 12:14

The night before last I had two dreams back to back, but they were both related.  In the first dream I was at a conference.  The room was full of attendees and ministers.  The ministers were scheduled to speak.  I noticed that there was no anointing there.  I knew they were going to ask me to speak as well but I was not prepared.  I prayed and asked the Lord what He wanted me to speak about and to please anoint me to do so.  He gave me a clear topic.  Speak on holiness.  In the second dream I was in a church.  I was suppose to sing a special.  But I was not allowed to because of the song I had chosen.  It was an old hymn that spoke about the power of the cross. 

The relationship between the two dreams was this-- in Christianity we no longer preach the message of holiness and we have done away with the cross.  That is why there is no anointing in our services.  That is why we aren't seeing mighty moves of God.  

Today I want to talk about holiness.  On the subject of holiness, I am not talking about the length of your hair, your dress or your shirt sleeves.  I am talking about an inward attribute that is the very nature and character of God.  The Bible tells us to be holy as our Father in heaven is holy.  Holiness is the reflection of Father God that is to be seen in our lives.  Children resemble their parents.  Holiness is our resemblance to the Father.

Where is holiness in the church of Jesus Christ?  Many don't preach it for fear of running people away.  Some don't teach it because it is "old fashioned".  Others don't see it as relevant for today.  Or they don't want to preach it because it doesn't project the image of their church they are wanting to portray. 

As a result of not preaching holiness we are seeing the repercussions of it.  This is why we see people who call themselves Christians living in adultery, fornication and all other kinds of immorality.  This is why people continue to use profanity and never think twice about it.  This is why you see these so called Christians indulging in the same activities as the world-- bar hoping, gambling, drug and alcohol abuse, "shacking up", dressing like "hookers", and so on.  I am not talking about bringing people into religious bondage-- a list of do's and don'ts.  I am talking about being like your Father who is in heaven.  He is holy and His children-- if they are truly His children-- will be holy too!

Have a great day.  Jesus taught holiness.  The early apostles taught holiness.  Why doesn't the modern day church teach holiness?  Without it, you will not see God!

For further reading:
1 Peter 1:15,16
Romans 6:19,22
Ephesians 4:24
1 Thessalonians 4:7
Hebrews 12:10

 <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:  mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: 


 

No comments: