Tuesday, August 18, 2015

"Stuck In The Why"

"Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you."  1 Peter 5:7

Do you ever "beat yourself up" with "why"?  Why did I say that?  Why did I do that?  Why did I give in?  Why didn't I keep my mouth shut?  Why didn't I speak up?  Why didn't I tell the truth?  Why didn't I let them know how I felt?  Why did I talk too much?  Why didn't I listen more?  Why did I let them talk me into it?  Why didn't I handle it differently?  And a hundred other "whys". 

I am sure we all have asked ourselves these questions at some point.  Usually when we ask ourselves these questions it is because there is regret, guilt, shame or condemnation attached to them. 

Who can always answer them?  Who can say why we did or didn't do what we did?  There is a wide array of answers to choose from.  We might have done it out of fear.  We might have done it to appease the flesh.  The answer may be rooted in the need to be accepted.  The answer may be attached to the pleasure that thing brought us.  Maybe it was the easy, or lazy, way out. 

Whatever the reason, it is too late to take it back or change it.  Fretting over, regretting it and beating yourself up about it won't change it.  You have to learn to go on and put the questions down.  You may not always be able to put them to rest-- have the answer behind the why-- but you don't have to carry them around with you constantly letting them "nag" you.  Cast the question, the result, the regret and anything else attached to it upon the Lord.  Don't let it continue to "haunt" you.  Don't let it continue to "condemn" you.  Don't let it continue to "rob" you of peace, joy, contentment and abundant life.

Have a great day.  Don't beat yourself up trying to find the answer to why you did or didn't do what you did. 

For further reading:
Romans 8:1        
 

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:  mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: 

No comments: