Tuesday, August 4, 2015

"Start And End With Praise"

"O praise the Lord, all ye nations: praise him, all ye people.   For his merciful kindness is great toward us: and the truth of the Lord endureth for ever. Praise ye the Lord."  Psalm 117:1,2

This is the shortest chapter in the entire Bible.  Did you notice that it starts with the admonishment to praise the Lord and ends with the same?  And in the middle is the reason why we praise Him. 

To me these verses speak to the sum total of our entire life... our life should be one of praise.  It should be full of praise instead of complaining.  It should be full of praise instead of fear.  It should be full of praise instead of murmuring.  Some people's lives are full of everything but praise... no matter how good God is to them.

The verses start with praise and ends with praise which also makes me think about the start of my day and the end of my day.  If I would start the day with praise, things would go so much better.  Why should I praise Him in the morning?  Because I woke up, for one.  He kept me safe during the night.  He gave me rest.  He watched over me.  At the end of the day, I should praise Him.  As I reflect over the events of the day I can see how He protected, provided, led and guided me.  I can see that He truly was with me. 

I guess I have rambled on only to say that we have more reasons to praise the Lord than we do not to.  When we praise the Lord, our cares don't seem as big.  When we praise the Lord, there is no room for fear, doubt, complaining or any other negative thing.  When we praise Him, it magnifies Him and minimizes the problems. 

So did you start your day this morning with praise? Or did you complain because you had to get up? Will you look back at the end of this day and praise Him for the good things that He did for you?  Or will you complain about all that went wrong?

Have a great day.  Our lives should be full of praise... starting in the morning and ending the day.  

<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< 

Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email
:  mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: 

No comments: