Monday, April 29, 2013

"Unlimited Power"

"Wherefore also God highly exalted him, and gave unto him the name which is above every name." Philippians 2:9
 
The Lord spoke a word to me yesterday during worship; I feel impressed that I am to share it with you this morning.
 
"It was prophesied that when I (Jesus) came, I would arise with healing in My wings. When I walked the earth, I did just that- went about healing those who were oppressed of the devil and healing all manner of diseases. If I did that while I was clothed in flesh, would I not do the same now that I am at the right hand of the Father- clothed in deity and the glory and majesty that I had with Him before the foundation of the world? Do you think my power has diminished? Do you think that I have become powerless now? Do you think that I am any less, and that as a man I would do more than I can do now?"
 
(My thoughts) Why do we look at Jesus as "less" now than He was while on earth? While on earth He was clothed in corruptible flesh. He was limited as a man to what He could do. He was limited by time and space. Although He exercised power over natural elements and law, He was still limited in all that He could do. Now He sits in heaven on the throne of majesty unlimited- with all power in heaven and earth. All things are in subjection to Him. At His name every knee shall bow. He is the Omnipotent God-- All powerful. 
 
If He demonstrated such power (healing the sick, casting out devils, raising the dead) on earth as a limited man, how much more- not less- now that He is "re-clothed" with His majesty, glory and honor as the only true and living God to whom all things bow.
 
Have great day. If Jesus demonstrated such great power while He was on earth confined to flesh and limited as a man, why would that power be any less now that He is seated on the throne of God.
 
For further reading:
Malachi 4:2
Philippians 2:6-11
Luke 22:69
1 Peter 3:22
John 17:5
 
<>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <>< <><
Coffee Break is a morning devotional written by Lorraine Ezell
and is sent to you free of charge for the asking from
About the Master's Business Ministry, Inc.
Please feel free to
call (601) 833-5278 or
Email:
mastersbusiness@bellsouth.net
Visit us on the web: www.mastersbusiness.org
You are welcomed to make copies and distribute them free of charge.
You may also forward them via e-mail or post them to your website - leaving the whole message in tact unless permission is granted to do otherwise. Please remember to give credit to About the Master's Business Ministry.

No comments: