Monday, April 8, 2013

Coffee Break

Dear All,
 
I wanted to give you an update letting you know why there was no Coffee Break devotional last Thursday or Friday. 
 
Thursday morning I was in the emergency room with my dad. Later that morning he was transported to a hospital in Jackson. Friday the doctors did surgery on him. Thankfully all went well and they discharged him Saturday. He is at home recuperating. 
 
It was a trying couple of days. I was with my niece at the emergency room Wednesday evening. Then early the next morning was back there with my dad. Then my husband got a call from his cardiologist saying that he had to have a test Friday-- looks like he may be heading to surgery pretty soon. Then my dad had surgery. One person said, "When it rains, it pours", meaning that situations just come all at once. It seems that way, but while it has been a trying time, I would like to also say that through it all the faithfulness of God has been present. I have seen Him move on our behalf. He has intervened by giving us peace, strength, favor, opening doors and meeting needs. It would take far too long to go into details. He truly goes ahead of us as well as with us. 
 
Since I did not have time to let you know what was going on as to why there was no devotional, I thought I would take this time to do so. I will start sending the regular messages out in the morning. Thank you for your patience. 
 
Love and blessings in Christ,
Lorraine

No comments: