Friday, July 2, 2010

"If He Walked In"

"The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good." Proverbs 15:3

I have something to ask you this morning. "If Jesus walked into the room where you were, would you do anything differently?" If He walked in would you change your speech and the language you were using? Would you change the channel on the television? Would you change your clothes? Would you try to hide something that you have in your hand? Or would you continue as you were?

I have a feeling that if Jesus did literally walk into the room where some, if not most, Christians were, they would start making some immediate changes- such as was described above. I want to leave you with a thought today, and the thought is another question. "Why?" Why would you do anything differently than you are doing now?

We should live as if Jesus were standing beside us all the time- because in reality, He is. He is with you wherever you are. He sees everything you do and hears everything you say. I think it is a little amusing, in a sad sort of way, when people that I am around will let a curse word "slip" and then say to me, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to say that". I understand that they are apologizing to me out of respect for who I am- and I appreciate that. But my reply is always, "You don't have to apologize to me, God heard you". He is the one that we need to be concerned about offending. If we will change what we do and what we say out of respect for an individual, shouldn't we be much more concerned about changing it before God.

A Christian's first priority is to please our loving Heavenly Father- in our actions, attitudes, speech, attire, conduct, etc. If we will strive to do that, we would never have to worry about or change anything we are doing if He really were to walk into the room.

Have a great day. Are you living your life as if Jesus is always standing there watching? The reality is--- He is watching!

For further reading:
Matthew 28:20
Hebrews 4:13
Psalm 139:1-12

No comments: