Tuesday, August 18, 2009

"Garbage Barge"

"For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe. But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil." Hebrews 5:13,14

I'm running a little late this morning, dosed back off to sleep and when I did I dreamed some strange dreams. One was very short. My three year old great nephew and I were outside standing under a tent and down the street came what appeared to be an eighteen wheeler truck. Knowing how he loves "big trucks" I pointed it out to him so he could see it. Knowing also how "rambunctious" he is I was concerned that he would want to run out to it. So I grabbed him and held him close while we watched it pass by. But instead of it passing by, it started turning into the street that was to the side of us. Also it wasn't a "big truck" it was more like a huge barge loaded down with trash and garbage. As it tried to make the turn I noticed that the wheels were coming closer and closer to us. With my nephew already in my arms I started carrying him in the opposite direction away from the 'truck' to a safer area so that he would not be ran over. I was more concerned about his safety than mine because I understood the situation- if you stay there you will get ran over- he didn't so it was up to me to protect him and get him to safety.

It may have seemed like an odd dream, but out there in the world are a lot of "big trucks" carrying lots of "trash and garbage" that are trying to "run over" our children. It's up to us to watch for them, to protect them, to show them the dangers that are trying to destroy them and help them get to a place of safety. The devil wants our children, he wants our youth, he wants our adults and senior citizens, he wants us so that he can destroy us.

We must be on guard. What may seem like something harmless in the beginning, what may look like something desirable - like big trucks are to my nephew- may in actuality be a garbage barge trying to run us over. Be discerning. Watch and pray. Ask the Holy Spirit to enlighten the eyes of your understanding so that you will see and know what is truth and what isn't. Not only is the devil after our natural children, he is after those who have received Christ but are still babes and children spiritually speaking. So those of us who are more mature should help bear the infirmities of those who are still weak and help watch for their souls.

These garbage barges are everywhere, we just don't need to mistake them for something else, for something that is not harmful. We need to see them as they really are with the filth that lies within them and the danger that is attached to them. It's only when we see the danger that we can help get those who don't to safety.

Have a great day. Be discerning and help watch for those who aren't.

No comments: