Friday, April 10, 2009

"He Lives"

"He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay." Matthew 28:6

I have had songs on my heart all week. This morning is no different, therefore, I just had to post this wonderful old hymn. In a couple of days we are celebrating the resurrection of Jesus from the dead. He died on the cross but death could not hold Him. Of all those throughout history who have desired to be worshipped, of all those who have massed a following, of all those who made claims to be "God", of all those who are the "idol" of various religions, there is not a one of them who died and came back to life. In their tombs you will find bones, ashes or dust.... but not in Jesus' tomb. In His tomb there is no sign of death... because He is not dead. As you celebrate Resurrection Sunday, remember that... your God is risen from the dead. Your God is alive... and He lives forever more!!!! Hallelujah!

Have a great day. He lives, He lives... He is not dead!

" He Lives"

I serve a risen Saviour,He's in the world today;
I know that He is living,Whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy,I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need HimHe's always near.

Chorus: He lives, He lives, Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and He talks with me
Along life's narrow way.
He lives, He live, salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives: He lives within my heart.

In all the world around me I see His loving care,
And tho my heart grows wearyI never will despair;
I know that He is leading
Thro' all the stormy blast,
The day of His appearing
Will come at last.

Rejoice, rejoice, O Christian,Lift up your voice and sing
Eternal hallelujahsTo Jesus Christ the King!
The hope of all who seek Him,The help of all who find,
None other is so loving,
So good and kind.

No comments: