Wednesday, April 8, 2009

"The Bird's Song - Part 2"

"And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out." Luke 19:40

Yesterday when we talked about the birds, I said that I was sure that their chirping was not chirps of fear, doubt, complaining, etc. I believe they are singing songs of praise and thanksgiving to the Lord who so graciously meets their every need everyday. As I thought about the birds praising the Lord, it made me think about the scripture above when Jesus said that if the people didn't praise Him, the rocks would cry out in praise.

I don't know about you, but like the song says, "Ain't no rock gonna praise in my place". And I am not going to let a bird, a rock, a flower, a cat- anything that has breath, or doesn't have breath- out praise me either. I am the one who was made in His image. I am the one that He died for on the cross. I am the one whose sins have been washed away. I am the one who has been forgiven. I am the one who has received the gift of salvation and eternal life and has a home prepared for me in His house. So I ought to be the one giving Him more praise. I ought to be the one praising Him more loudly. I ought to be the one out-praising every other thing on earth. To the birds, the grass of the field, the rocks, etc., He is their Creator but He is my Heavenly Father- so I should out praise them.

When I think about who He is and what He's done for me, I have to praise Him. When I am lost, He is my Savior. When I am sick, He is my healer. When I am in bondage, He is my deliverer. When I am weak, He is my strength. When I am confused, He is my peace. When I am in need, He is my provider. When I am hungry, He is my bread. When I am thirsty, He is my water. When I'm in prison, He's the key that opens the door. When I am weary, He's my refreshing. When I'm sad, He's my joy. When I am overwhelmed, He's the lifter of my head. When I'm in darkness, He's my light. When I'm afraid, He's my comforter. Can a rock say that? Can a bird? Can a tree? Can any other creation? Can they do a better job of praising Him? Am I going to let them do a better job? Not as long as I have breath!

Have a great day. I am not going to let anything out praise me!... are you?

No comments: