Monday, April 13, 2009

"Can You Praise Him?"

"I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth." Psalm 34:1

Most mornings the scene outside my window is one of sunshine. This morning there is nothing to see out there but fog. Last night the scene was flashes of lightening, heavy rain and swaying trees. The scene outside my window seems to constantly be changing. The one I like best is the one that is full of sunshine.

Life can be compared to the view of a window. Some days we see sunshine, some days we see rain, some days there is fog, some days there are lightening flashes. I am sure if we had our pick we would much prefer the days that are filled with sunshine- no storms, no dreariness, no threatening wind. But life doesn't happen like that. The question then comes to mind, "Can you still praise Him regardless of what comes?"

Can you still praise Him in the storms like you do in the sunshine? Can you still praise Him in the fog? Can you still praise Him when it's raining? Can you still praise Him when all is "not" so well? Can you still praise Him when the fog of life is obscuring your view of Him; when His hand and provisions are hid from sight; when His "face" is hard to see; when His presence is not easily felt? Can you praise Him in times of battle when the victory seems to be no where in sight? Can you still praise Him when the boat is filling with water; when the furnace is seven times hotter; when the giant is making his threats; when the sea is hindering? Can you still praise Him?

Have a great day. Can you still praise Him? Or maybe I should said, "Will you?"

1 comment:

Michael said...

I must praise Him reguardless of how I feel or what I am going through. He is My Rock, My Fortrus, and My Salvation. He is most of all, and He is Wearthy.