Thursday, August 14, 2008

"Those Thoughts"

"Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ." 2 Corinthians 10:5

This morning I woke up with a song playing over and over in my head. It's not a song that I would like to be there. I was in a store the other day and you know how they play music while you are shopping- well that's where the song got in my mind. This song is playing so "loudly" and "repeatedly" (it's almost like having a radio on) in my mind that it is trying to distract me from writing.

We have a very real enemy who comes to steal, kill and destroy. One way he does that is by coming against us in our thoughts. He will plant thoughts to try to distract us, confuse us, sadden us, deter us, hinder us or even stop us. If you allow those thoughts to continue they will rob you- rob you of joy, peace, abundant life. If you allow them to continue they will kill- kill the dream God has given you, kill your faith, kill the plan of God in your own eyes. If you allow them to continue they will destroy- they will destroy relationships, your ability to hear God, your confidence.

Did you hear what I said? "If you allow them to continue". I have the power to combat the thoughts he tries to plant in my mind. I can't stop him from trying to plant those thoughts, but I don't have to let them stay there. I do not have to entertain them. I have the ability and authority to cast them down. In order to hear the Lord's voice and write this word this morning I have had to do just that. I have to make the choice not to let the thoughts of the enemy distract, hinder or stop me.

You have been given power and authority over the enemy. He can make an attempt to destroy you through your thoughts, but he can't succeed unless you allow him to succeed. If he is coming against you in your thought life you have to do something about it. Get violent with him, get determined, pray against the thoughts, read the Word of God out loud, renew your mind with God's promises, replace those thoughts with praise, pray in the Spirit- do something to take authority over them-- you can't think on two things at once, and the "things" of God (these weapons) will always defeat the "things" (the weapons) of the enemy.

Have a great day. Don't let the enemy keep harassing you in your thought life- it's your mind, you control what you allow to be in it. And you do not have to let anything that comes from the enemy stay there!!

No comments: