Thursday, September 22, 2022

"No More Impossibilities - Part 2"

"I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me." Galatians 2:20 

Yesterday we talked about how those things that are impossible for us- like taming the tongue, turning the other cheek, loving our enemies, etc.- become possible as we yield ourselves to the Lord because it is His Spirit working in us that makes it possible for us to do. This morning I want to talk about that a little more.
 
We tend to forget that when we are born-again, something should begin to happen in us. That something is called "death to self". That means that I am suppose to deny and mortify my flesh. That something is also called "alive to Christ". My life is no longer lived for self, it is lived for God. I must decrease and He must increase. My life is hidden with Christ in God. And as the scripture above states- I am crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who am living but Christ is the One who is living through me.
 
If He is truly living through you, then walking in love toward your enemies is not impossible. Forgiving those who have wronged you is not impossible. Living free from condemnation is not impossible. The reason is because there is no condemnation in Him. There is no unforgiveness in Him. There is no fear, no guilt, no remorse, no bitterness in Him. There is no confusion in Christ- He never doesn't know what to do. He is not wavering either, so you don't have to. 
 
I can walk in wisdom if He is the One who is living through me- and not self- because He has and is wisdom. I can walk in peace because He is peace. I can love the unlovable because He is love and loving through me. I can walk in victory because He has no defeat in Him. So, there are no impossibilities for me because there are no impossibilities for Him. But the key is mortifying, crucifying, and denying myself and letting Christ live in and through me. When I do, nothing becomes impossible for me because nothing is impossible for Him. 
 
Have a great day. If I am crucified with Christ and He is living through me, then nothing is impossible for me because nothing is impossible for Him. 
 
For further reading:
Colossians 3:3-5
1 Corinthians 6:20
John 3:30
Romans 8:13
 

No comments: