Tuesday, July 13, 2021

"Stand In Faith"

"For we walk by faith, not by sight." 2 Corinthians 5:7

There are times in my walk with the Lord where I am constantly aware of His presence with me. I feel His tremendous peace. Every where I look I am seeing His power being revealed. I am hearing His voice clearly and continually. The lines of communication between me and Him are wide open. The refreshing rain of His Spirit is falling on me in abundance. The insights into His word just keep coming. My praises for Him can't be contained. I am on the mountaintop and it is a wonderful time. But then, for apparently no reason, everything seems to change. I don't "feel" His presence like I did. The revelations aren't coming. I am hearing "nothing" from Him. I can't see His hand moving and working in my life. I feel so dry. It feels as if He has left me and I am alone in a desert place. (Where are you, Lord?)

Am I the only one who experiences this? So, what do we do during these times? We stand in faith. The Bible says that we walk by faith not by sight. We don't live in our relationship with the Lord by feelings. I may not feel His presence sometimes like I do at other times, but He is still there. He hasn't left me; He hasn't forsaken me; I am not alone. Therefore, I don't need to stop doing what I am doing. I need to continue and persevere. I need to continue to press in into His presence. I don't quit and give up because I am not "feeling" Him. My faith is being put to the test. My faith muscles are being exercised. My hunger for the sense of His presence is growing. I am learning what it means to truly seek after the Lord. My desire and hunger for Him is becoming greater and being strengthened. I am getting more desperate from Him- not just for His blessings.

If you are in this "dry" place unable to sense that His presence is with you, don't give into those feelings. Don't quit doing what you are doing-- continue on in your relationship with Him. Keep seeking Him, keep praising Him, keep talking to Him, keep studying His word, keep fellowshipping with other believers, don't go by your feelings, but stand in faith.

Have a great day. When we don't feel His presence, we have to continue by faith to live as if we do.

For further reading:
Matthew 28:20
Hebrews 10:38
1 Peter 1:7-9
Hebrews 11

No comments: