Tuesday, January 29, 2019

"The Cross"

"And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby." Ephesians 2:16

Recently one of my prayer partners was sharing an update with me about a meeting that she had with some folks who were needing healing in their bodies. We had prayed for these people and this was the first time I had seen her since we prayed. She told me that one lady was completely delivered from a deep depression that she had been under for three years. She also told me that she had prayed for a lady who was a paraplegic. Later she found out that the lady who is the paraplegic was beginning to have sensations of pain in her legs that she had not had in a long time.

I was so excited about what God is doing. But the main reason I wanted to share these testimonies is because of one thing that my friend said to me. She said, "I just told them about the cross." We tend to forget that the cross is the message. We also tend to forget that there is power in the cross. It was at the cross where Jesus said that it was finished- the whole work of redemption, the atonement, the defeat of the enemy was accomplished at the cross.

Without the cross we have no gospel, we have no hope, we have no victory. Paul said that he gloried in the cross. He also said that he preached Jesus Christ and Him crucified- that's the cross. The cross is the power of God unto salvation. The cross is where Jesus' body was broken for our healing and His blood was shed for our redemption.

It seems like the cross is not very popular in our "new day" churches, but it is the only message that can save our soul. The message of the cross may seem outdated and old but it alone has the power to set men free. We need to get back to singing about the cross and preaching about the cross. There is no message greater. It's at the cross where we find life!

Have a great day. There is power in the cross!

No comments: