Wednesday, January 2, 2019

"God Can!"

"Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?"  Jeremiah 32:27

I would like to wish you all a Happy New Year!  A lot of people make New Year's resolutions.  I am not one of them.  I decided a long time ago that I can't make them because I usually don't keep them.  I also decided to let the Lord have my life and make any changes in it that He desires to make instead.  But, while I don't make a resolution, I do have a Motto for the upcoming year.  It is:  God Can! 

Daily I intend to encourage myself, and remind myself, that whatever comes my way this year, whatever I may need, whatever I may face, I will stand on the promise that...God Can!   

God Can give me peace.  God Can give me joy.  God can turn my mourning into gladness.  God Can turn my sorrow into joy.  God Can bind up my broken heart.  God Can wash away my sins.  God Can forgive me all of sins.  God Can deliver me from besetting sins.  God Can save my lost loved ones.  God Can empower me to be victorious in every area of life.  God Can set my feet upon a firm foundation.  God Can give me favor with people.  God Can give me the wisdom I need in every situation.  God Can go before me and make every crooked place strait.  God Can daily load me with benefits.  God Can take my mistakes and make miracles out of them.  God Can take my past and wash its guilt, shame and condemnation away.  God Can redeem my life from destruction and crown me with loving-kindness and tender mercies.  God Can take the bad and turn it into good.  God Can give me the grace that I need to face anything.  God Can help me make it through all obstacles.  God Can supply all my needs-- spirit, soul and body.  God Can lift me out of the pit of despair, hopelessness, discouragement, fear, depression, insecurity, bitterness and anger. God Can give me strength in times of weakness.  God Can heal all sickness and disease that would attack my body.  God Can bring healing and restoration to every broken relationship and every broken area in my life.  God Can deliver the captives and break the chains that hold us bound.  God Can make me fruitful in every good work.  God Can make the works of my hands prosper.  When my foot slips, God Can catch me and put me back on track.  And God Can do a million plus other things in my life-- whatever it is that I need Him to do-- He Can! 

The word "can" speaks of ability.  So, when I say God Can, I am declaring and making a profession by faith of His ability to do in my life anything that I need.  I hope that you will adopt the same motto this year as well.  God Can!!  It is not impossible for Him-- nothing is impossible for Him.  He is able to do exceeding, abundantly above all we can ask or think.  The question is not whether He can or not... but rather, will you let Him do it in your life.

Have a great day.  God Can!!!


No comments: