Wednesday, August 1, 2018

"God's Goodness"

"I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living." Psalm 27:13

It seems like most of our attention is given to our problems and our conversations usually center around the bad things or trying situations that are happening. There is nothing wrong with acknowledging a problem. But this morning I want to talk about the goodness of the Lord. Do we spend as much-- or more-- time talking about God's goodness as we do the problems?

God is good. He is good no matter what is happening. He is good when everything else is bad. He is good in the daytime and in the night time. He is good in the times of rain and sunshine. God is good in times of plenty and times of lack. God is good when all is well and when it's not. God is good in times of peace and in times of war. God is good in times of sickness and in times of health. God is good everyday, not just at certain times. God is good even when I'm not. God is good when the mountain is before me. God is good when the lions roar. God is good when I am rejected by men. God is good even when the furnace is hot. God is good in the valley. God is good on the mountain. God is good in green pastures. God is good in the wilderness. He is good when I have problems and He is good when I don't. Need I say more??

God is good and we need to spend more time meditating on and talking about God's goodness then we do on the things that are happening around us. That's part of... "His praise shall continually be in my mouth." Which do you spend more time talking about--- your problems or His goodness? If we would do the latter, perhaps some of our problems would not seem as big.

Have a great day. Meditate on the goodness of the Lord today.

No comments: